What are the duck hunting zones in Missouri?
Waterfowl hunting in Missouri is divided into three zones: North, Middle, and South.
Where is the best duck hunting in Missouri?
Some of the best public hunting areas in the state include the Upper Mississippi Conservation Area along pools 24, 25 and 26 of the Big Muddy. Hunters will also find good hunting at Swan Lake NWR and Mingo NWR, although you’ll need to check for areas open to hunting there.
Can you duck hunt in Missouri?
When is duck hunting season in Missouri? Waterfowl hunts in Missouri open from November 25, 2021 through November 28, 2022 and then December 7, 2021 through January 31, 2021. Shooting time starts one-half hour before sunrise. The guided hunts will typically go through noon each day.
Where can I find public land to duck hunt?
Strategies for Duck Hunting on Public Land
- Go Early. Hunters who head out early will have access to the best spots. …
- Go Late. If “early” isn’t inviting or feasible, go late. …
- Go the First Morning After a Rest Period. …
- Go During Weekdays. …
- Go After a Frontal Passage. …
- Go Later in the Season. …
- Hunt “Different” …
- Stay Mobile.
Can you duck hunt on rivers in Missouri?
1) The Missouri River is the border between South Dakota and Nebraska. Hunters licensed by either state may hunt anywhere in the flowing Missouri River as long as water separates the hunter from the mainland of the other state with the exception of deeded islands.
Is duck hunting in Missouri good?
Missouri is one of the best destinations for duck hunting in the US. From wetlands in the north and middle zones to abundant and large agricultural rice fields, south east Missouri duck and goose hunting offers a variety of locations and large acres of land to hunt ducks.
Where is the duck capital of the world?
Stuttgart, about 55 miles east of Little Rock, is known as the duck capital of the world. For the next two months, thousands of hunters will descend on eastern Arkansas and drop millions into the state’s economy.
What is duck season in Missouri?
Latest dates for the duck Hunting Season Missouri 2016-2017
|Species||Season Dates||Possession Limits|
|Ducks||Nov 5 to Jan 7||3 times daily bag limit|
|Coots||Nov 5 to Jan 7||45|
|Youth Waterfowl Days||Oct 31 to Nov 1||Same as regular duck and goose seasons|
What is the best duck hunting state?
The 10 Best Duck Hunting States
- Nebraska. …
- Minnesota. …
- Maryland. …
- North Dakota. …
- Mississippi. …
- Illinois. …
- Arkansas. …
- Louisiana. Between the delta, flooded timber, and the coastal wing-shooting, Louisiana has arguably the best duck hunting there is anywhere in North America.
What do you need to duck hunt in Missouri?
A Missouri Migratory Bird Hunting Permit also is required for hunting waterfowl, doves, snipe, woodcock, and rails. A Federal Duck Stamp is required for hunting waterfowl. A Conservation Order Permit is required for hunting snow, blue, and Ross’s geese during the Light Goose Conservation Order.
Which ducks are protected?
Mallards are protected under the Migratory Bird Treaty Act of 1918. It is illegal for any person to take, possess, transport, sell, or purchase them or their parts, such as feathers, nests, or eggs, without a permit.
What can you hunt in Mo?
Game species in Missouri include:
- Big game including white-tailed deer, elk, and turkey.
- Small game including dove, rabbit, quail, pheasant, and squirrel.
- Waterfowl and other migratory game birds including ducks and geese.
- Furbearers including beaver, bobcat, fox, and coyote among others.